Real g's move in silence like lasagna & real g's cook Lasagna Rolls filled with jerk chicken & shrimp & covered in a creamy alfredo sauce. You'll find some components of a regular lasagna in these rolls - the ricotta filling to be exact - but to spice things up, diced bell peppers are added to the ricotta filling to add some crunch & color. The sauce which is placed in and on the rolls is a homemade alfredo sauce but again we spice it up by adding some jerk seasoning which complements the chicken & shrimp which are seasoned with a blend of jerk seasoning, garlic & chili powder before frying.
Compared to a traditional lasagna these lasagna rolls are the perfect serving size so no arguing over who got a bigger slice because they're all the same size. These rolls are fairly easy to make & the recipe can be modified if you wanted to make seafood lasagna rolls, chicken alfredo lasagna rolls or shrimp lasagna rolls instead.
The final dish is rich, creamy, & filled with tons of flavor and texture. The meat isn’t too spicy despite being seasoned with jerk seasoning & the finely diced bell peppers provide a nice crunch in each bite. I could talk about how good this is dish is all day but then you wouldn’t have time to make it.
So let’s get to cooking. Have fun and enjoy!
Ingredients 10 Lasagna Noodles 2 pieces Boneless Chicken Breasts 1lb Medium Shrimp (deveined & deshelled) 1tbsp Jerk Seasoning (powder) 1tsp Chili Powder 1 tsp Garlic Powder Filling 1 (15oz) package Ricotta Cheese ½ cup Parmesan Cheese 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese ⅓ cup Red Bell Pepper ⅓ cup Green Bell Pepper ⅓ cup Yellow Bell Pepper 1tsp Salt and Black Pepper (to taste) Sauce 1/2 cup (1 stick) Unsalted Butter 3 cloves Garlic (finely minced) 2 cups Heavy Cream ½ cup (4oz) Cream Cheese 1 cup Parmesan Cheese 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
1tsp Jerk Seasoning
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Garlic Powder
Preheat oven to 350℉.
In separate containers clean & pat dry the chicken & shrimp. Season both with the jerk seasoning, garlic, & chili powder. Cover & marinate until ready to fry.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper & coat with cooking spray.
1. Fill a large pot with salted water and bring to a boil. Once boiling add the lasagna noodles and cook until al dente about 10 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Place the cooked noodles on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
2. While the lasagna cooks, cut a small section from the bell pepper (follow the ridges in the pepper as a guide) and dice. Repeat with all the peppers and set aside.
3. Next the filling. In a bowl, add the ricotta, parmesan, mozzarella cheese, & diced bell peppers. Stir until well combined. Taste, season with salt & pepper if needed. Cover & place in the fridge.
4. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once heated, cook the shrimp for 2 minutes per side. Remove the shrimp. In the same pan fry the chicken for 10-15 minutes per side. Once the chicken is cooked, transfer to a cutting board and chop into bite-sized pieces.
Note: Cook time depends on the size of the chicken. To decrease the cooking time dice the chicken into smaller pieces before frying.
Time to get saucy
5. In a clean pan over medium heat, add the butter & cream cheese. Then pour in the heavy cream, parmesan, mozzarella, & minced garlic. Stir to combine & bring to a boil.
6. Season with jerk seasoning, garlic powder & salt. Whisk to combine. Cook until the sauce has thickened. Spoon some of the finished sauce on the bottom of a baking dish and spread evenly.
7. Lay lasagna noodles on a clean work surface. Spread a spoonful of the filling evenly over the top and middle of the noodles.
8. Top with pieces of chicken & shrimp, and spoon about 1tsp of the sauce on top. Roll the lasagna noodle tightly. Repeat & place the rolls in the prepared baking dish. Spoon the remaining sauce over the rolls & sprinkle some mozzarella cheese on top.
9. Cover with foil & bake at 350℉ for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for another 10 minutes until all the cheese has melted. Serve warm and enjoy!
Optional: Add any leftover chicken or shrimp on top.