I love potatoes, I'm pretty sure I was a potato in another life because my obsession with potatoes is deep. When I came across sweet potatoes, it was love at first taste. Sweet potato fries, candied yams, sweet potato bowls, and the list goes on. So it's only right that I shared one of my favorite sweet potato-based recipes. This sweet potato breakfast bowl is a great dish to enjoy for breakfast or brunch. The potatoes are seasoned and then roasted in the oven with diced onions, peppers, and garlic. While in the oven, the bacon is cooked till crispy, followed by the eggs which are scrambled in the bacon grease with the spinach.
This recipe takes a max of 35 minutes. While this is a simple recipe it's definitely flavorful and more than enough to keep you filled and fueled for the day ahead whether that means lounging around binge-watching your favorite show or running errands. So let's get to cooking. Have fun and enjoy!
2 Sweet Potatoes
2 cloves Garlic
½ Red or Yellow Onion
2 Sweet Peppers
3 slices Bacon
2 large Eggs
2 cups Spinach
½ tsp each Salt, Black Pepper & Paprika
1. Pre-heat oven to 450℉. Line a baking pan with foil.
2. Wash, pat dry then dice potatoes into bite-sized pieces. Roughly chop the onions, garlic, and peppers. Place on pan and toss with oil, salt, pepper, and paprika. Bake for 20 minutes. Stir halfway through.
3. Heat 1tbsp oil in a frying pan. Once hot add the bacon and cook for 5-8 mins per side. Remove from pan and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
4. In a small bowl, add the eggs and scramble. Set aside.
5. Next, in the same pan used to cook the bacon add the eggs and spinach. Break apart and cook eggs until firm and the spinach has wilted. Season with salt and pepper. Turn off heat.
6. In a medium bowl, add the cooked sweet potatoes and top with the scrambled eggs. Break the bacon into pieces and place it on the potatoes and eggs.
7. Serve and enjoy.